Monday, February 20, 2012

Top Coat Tuesday - Mardi Gras Mani

Happy Fat Tuesday!!

Today's mani will be, of course, Mardi Gras inspired. I saw a tutorial on YouTube a while back and logged it in my brain to save just for this day. See it here. Her tutorial was not really about Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras, but that's what it reminded me of. Here are the colors I used...
from left to right
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin Jade, 
SH Purple Bolt, OPI Jade is The New Black, 
Orly Glitz & Glamour, OPI Funky Dunkey, 
Sinful Colors Dream On, Sinful Colors All About You
You can sort of tell where I used each color, I hope. I added a coat of SV to give this mani more shine. They look so much better in person (camera quality sucks!) The accent nail was done  using BM-212 and the 2 Sally Hansen colors. They work great for stamping. Placing each stamp side by side made them look almost like a mardi gras mask. I used the Orly to fill in the "eyes" of the mask and the Sinful Colors glitter as a shimmery top coat.
This was kind of fun to do. Even though it was a lot of different colors to use, it didn't take long at all. I hope you enjoy your King Cake, muffalettas, jambalaya, beignets or whatever your favorite Fat Tuesday treat is. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment