Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mani of the Day: Cherry Blossoms

I'm trying to be "inspired by" something so that I can enter this contest. It made me think of some of my favorite things...Classic Coke in a glass bottle, pork skins, nutella...wait that's all food. Nah, I gotta think of something way better than food. I'm not a good enough artist to draw food on my nails, and honestly painting pork skins doesn't sound very attractive. 
So then I look over at my nightstand and see my favorite lotion and body spray from Bath-n-Body Works, Twilight Woods and Japanese Cherry Blossom. Yep, that's what I'll do. I'll draw these cute little blossoms blooming on a branch. So I got to work and came up with this...


I'm not a very good artist, but this was still fun to do. I used Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine and for my accent finger Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint. I painted the branches with craft paint, added the blossoms with OPI Alpine Snow &again used WnW Through the Grapevine for the center of the blossoms. 


So the bummer to this whole inspiration is, I was going to put Cherry Blossoms on every nail, thinking that I was being all original and unique, but heck no! This is too easy for all of you professional nail folks out there...blossoms all over the internet! (smh) So I must move on to something new, bigger and better. I will post pics for my new "inspiration" after I submit them to the contest, don't want anyone to still my idea ;-)

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I love cherry blossoms, I've been meaning to do a cb design myself :)

    ReplyDelete