Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clean & Simple Saturday

DIY Plate Hanging

I've been wanting to hang plates in the tiny little space between my fridge and pantry forever now, but I hate those ugly brass plate hangers. Yea, you know the ones.

Well, a few months ago I found plate hanging discs at Hobby Lobby. I bought them, then they sat in a drawer for a couple of months because I was scared that if I hung my beautiful plate using this and it fell off the wall...devastation.

I bit the bullet. Hung the plate. Harps played. Angels sang. I was in love. 


Fabulous! No brass sticking out from behind the plate. It looks like it's just hovering there. This thing is the best thing since sliced bread! And it only cost $2.99! Here's what the disc looks like...


Instructions are simple:

1.  Clean the back of the plate with dish washing liquid and water. It must be clean so that the disc will bond properly to your plate.
2.  With your fingers, mix a little water into the glue on the disc. Leave for 3-7 minutes until the glue is sticky.
3.  Apply the disc to the plate, making sure the ring is in the correct position for the plate design. press firmly and rub well to expel any air. Let it dry overnight.
4.  Before hanging, test the strength of the adhesion by pulling firmly on the ring. 

That's it! If you ever want to remove the disc, just soak the plate in warm water.


This is a BeautifulLovelyThing. I am very proud of myself for finally doing this. It fills the small space just right. So if you have those horrible brass things holding your plates on the wall, take them down! Give this disc a try, I'm sure you will love it...

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment