Sunday, July 3, 2011

Homemade Bath Salts

Yea! I'm finally gonna show yall one of my most favorite things to do in the world! As I mentioned in my "About Me" I love making homemade bath products, so today I'm going to share one with you. I'm sure we all love bath salts, but we hate to buy them because sometimes they can be really expensive, or you add them to your bath water and you can't tell that you ever added them. Well try my recipe & tell me what you think. Below are the ingredients you will need...
I played around with these ingredients for a long time to figure out what works for me. You can do the same. The mixture I used today was:

1 cup Epsom Salt
1 1/2 cups Coarse Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Baby Oil
10-12 drops Scented Oil
 2-3 drops Food Color

This is what you should have. I always use a wooden bowl and spoon because I don't like the way the salt sounds when you stir in a metal bowl (that whole fingernail / chalkboard thing). You don't have to add color, but if you do, mix thoroughly.
After you've mixed it all up & it should look like this...
Voila! You're done! Super Easy right? I used blue food color today because the blue kind of  makes it feel spa-like. The scented oils I used were Eucalyptus and Lemongrass. I used 15 drops of Eucalyptus and 12 drops of Lemongrass. I like my bath salts to be strongly scented. and more therapeutic so I use essential oils instead of fragrance oils. But beware, essential oils are a bit more expensive! Use less if you need to, or smell as you stir to get the strength you want.
I can't wait to use this one, it smells so nice & relaxing...like the inside of a massage parlor at the back of my favorite spa...
Now just pour them into a cute (air-tight) container & place them on your bath tub until you're to use them. All my cutesy containers were being used already so this is one of my backups, which works for me because the amount I made today all fit perfectly in here!
So there you have it! Your own homemade bath salts. So, to soften your bath water & soothe tired, aching muscles, add 2-3 scoops under running bath water. Enjoy...thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment