Monday, July 4, 2011

Blue Monday

Happy Independence Day!!!
My mani today is not going to be one of those traditional 4th of July manis, because that's really not my thing. I love to see it on other people, but it's just not for me, at least not today! Besides the holiday, today is also Blue Monday. So in keeping with the theme, I have a color that's at least on the blue side of the color wheel...turquoise! I have two colors that I just knew were the exact same color so I did a mani comparison:
 
I bought Jesse's Girl Glee on my birthday and just knew I already had something similar. I got home, and there was its twin, OPI Catch Me in Your Net  sitting on the shelf. From the pics, you would think that the OPI would pale in comparison because the shimmery glitter in JG looks super intense right? After all, the bottle says high intensity nail color...
Well, not really. Maybe it's the thickness of the glass bottles, or maybe it's the amount in each bottle?
There's really no difference here that I can see. Can you? Well, there is a tiny bit of VNL on the OPI nails, but they both look like blue-green shimmery glitter polishes to me! I hear these polishes have another dupe out there too...Zoya Charla. I don't have it to compare to these, but there are lots of good swatches all over the internet if you wanna check it out too.
It's always hard to get my camera to focus on detail, but it's even harder when the detail is glitter. But you get the point of what I'm trying to show you, I hope. I applied to coats of each color with a base coat of American Classics Gelous. I did not apply a topcoat because I wanted to see if I could tell a difference without the added shine that a topcoat gives.
Sitting at a red light, I just happened to look down at my hand and decided to take this pic with my iPhone. Even with the blurriness, they are still exact dupes. So you choose, Jesse's Girl Glee for around $3 or OPI Catch Me in Your Net for around $9. Either way, same results. Since I can't tell a difference in these two polishes, I think I will wear this mani all day...Happy Blue Monday ya'll! Thanks for reading!

1 comment: