Monday, June 27, 2011

Blue Monday

Hey y'all,
I'm so excited to share Blue Mondays with A Polished Touch. I really love Pink Wednesdays, so this just adds another fun layer to my week! So here we go...

I started with a coat of Orly Glitz & Glamour and then a coat of Sally Hansen Distressed Denim Crackle. 
Orly G&G is a deeply rich gold glitter that almost looks like gold foil  to me. I really really love it! Now as for this Sally Hansen Crackle...smh...I already dislike crackle/shatter polishes but I figured WTH give it a try. This polish is a cobalt blue jelly crackle polish that is hard as all get out to work with. I tried to go slow to get really thin, even coats, but this polish is a hot mess! The brush is too skinny the formula is very funky **takes a deep breath**. When I tried to correct some areas, it just clumped up! The crackle finish looks very ashy & dry, but a coat of SV while brighten it right up!! (I should have zoom in on this pic)
I almost didn't post this mani because my blog is all about things that are beautiful & make me happy. This did not make me very happy. But I love the gold underneath the blue and I love the idea of Blue Mondays, so whatever, I'm posting it.
Here it is with camera flash. Eek!!! I hope you guys like this color combo. If you try it, I hope it works better for you than it did for me. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment