Saturday, January 19, 2013

Feta Stuffed Shrimp


Quick & easy lunch or dinner!

Here's what you'll need..
1 pound 13/15 fresh shrimp
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp roasted red peppers
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1 egg yolk
3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel shrimp, but leave the tails on. Carefully slice the spine of each shrimp from head to tail, but no all the way thru, as if to butterfly them. Remove the vein if present & rinse the shrimp. Open each shrimp & flatten them on your surface. 
In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients, mixing well. Spoon 1 tbsp of mixture onto each shrimp. Add each shrimp to your baking dish. Bake until pink & firm. 
I used 13/15 shrimp, so they took about 16-18 minutes at 350. The larger the shrimp, the better these stuffed shrimp will be; smaller shrimp won't hold the stuffing as well.

These are sooo good!! I could eat them all!! This recipe was adapted from Paula Deen. Here are the changes I made to fit my needs. 

panko - seasoned bread crumbs
plain feta - garlic & herb feta
parsley - cilantro
7 tbsp butter - 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup white wine - no wine used
As long as shrimp is available, I will be making these. I love them just that much! Let me know if you try them! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment