Sunday, January 22, 2012

24k gold Mani

I just realized that I haven't done a nail polish post since who knows when. Nail polish is one of the main reasons I started this blog, so today I return to where I began.
I first saw this polish on Rachel Marie's blog last summer and I loved the way the gold sparkled. But, the only place I knew that Petite's Color Fever nail polishes were sold were at Rite Aid, and there are no Rite Aid stores where I live. So, for my birthday last summer, I drove an hour, crossed state lines and went on a polish shopping spree, which you can see here. I think this is the first time I've worn this polish since i first swatched it. This is 2 coats of Petite's Color Fever 24k gold.
Nails always look perfect until you start taking pictures of them. I should have cleaned around my cuticles a little better, especially my index finger. Oh well...I used one good thick coat of gelous as my base, and topped it all with 2 coats of SV, which made it really shine!! I love glitter polish sooo much, but just like every other polish lover, I hate to wear it because it is a PAIN to remove. So when I wear it, I like to wear it well, because I won't take it off for a few days. I could have easily went to CVS or Wal-Mart and bought the look-a-like Milani Gold Glitz, but that's what everyone else that lives here probably did, and I don't usually follow the crowd. These polishes may be an exact dupe of each other, but I have the one with the prettier bottle!!

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment