Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Foil Pouch Recipe: Chicken

Sometimes these types of recipes just work for a busy family, and now-a-days, this is what my family needs.

So I showed you my Foil Pouch Pork Chop Recipe last week. We all just love it! so I decided to create another version of the same idea. Now, there are many versions created by many people all over the internet, but this is what I came up with from things that were available in my kitchen today (I didn't want to go grocery shopping, it was so rainy and yucky out today). Here is what I used:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Shredded Cheese
Carrots
Bacon Bits
I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper & Italian Bread Crumbs. Then I coated all the veggies in olive oil, garlic salt & pepper. Then pile all the veggies on top of each chicken breast in the foil to make meal pouches like this...
I think I cook everything in my oven on 375. It just fits me! These were in the oven for around 30 or 40 minutes I guess, maybe less. You don't want your chicken to dry out, so adjust your oven temperature to your needs. And then, bada-bing bada-boom...you get this yumminess!!
The broccoli and cauliflower gets all caramelized and the cheese gets all oozy and yummy! And it's a full meal deal, with only one dirty dish! I served these savory beauties with baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar. This was one of the best meals ever...Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment